Frequently Asked Questions
Find out answers to all things solar.
I’ve heard that going solar is expensive and a hassle. What does Crius Solar do differently?
For starters, you get your own personal solar consultant dedicated to making your solar experience easy and hassle-free, starting with your free, no-risk consultation. Hate paperwork? Leave it to us! Your solar account manager will handle all the necessary permits, paperwork, and details.
Most importantly, you’ll enjoy a low, locked-in rate for the life of your solar agreement, no matter how high utility rates may climb.
How much power will my solar energy system produce?
Will my panels ever get outdated?
Why do you need to know my energy consumption over each of the last 12 months?
Do solar panels generate electricity in bad weather?
Am I still tied to the grid?
How does a solar system work?
- Solar Panels (Solar Array)
- Solar Inverter
- Racking System
What happens if there is a blackout?
What happens after I sign up to go solar with Crius Solar?
From your initial conversation with your solar advisor to your solar installation, our process consists of just five easy steps:
- Once you’ve indicated your interest in solar, your energy consultant will contact you to go through a Home Energy Assessment. It’s quick and easy—just a few minutes and you’re done!
- Your consultant will also go through your billing and usage history to make sure that solar is a cost-effective solution for your home.
- The information your consultant gathered will then be shared with a Solar Design Specialist (SDS). Your SDS will create the most effective solar system for your roof and create a customized solar proposal specifically for your home.
- Your solar consultant will go over your proposal with you over the phone, clearly explaining every part of it. Here’s another opportunity for you to ask any questions about your new solar energy system!
- Want to finalize your solar project? We’ll run your credit and draw up your contract. Once the contract is signed, you will be working directly with your solar project manager.
- Your solar project manager will then work with you to complete all the necessary paperwork and permitting for your solar project.
- The next step is the most exciting, installation day! Our solar installers will come and do a same-day install of your solar system.
- From there, you’re on your way to all the benefits of affordable solar energy. Of all the decisions you make this year, we aim to make going switching to solar the best!
Why should I choose Crius Solar?
Is my house a good fit for solar?
- Do you own your own home?
- Do you have a mostly un-shaped roof?
- Is your electricity bill more than $100 per month?
If you answered yes to all three questions, chances are you’re an excellent candidate to install a residential solar energy system on your home! To get started, submit your request for a completely risk-free solar consultation, and one of our friendly solar advisors will get back to you to answer any other questions that you may have. We’ll also walk you through the entire process, start to finish!
Will installing a solar energy system make it difficult for me to move to a new home?
I’m a little worried about the way solar will look on my roof. Will the panels really stick out?
How big does my roof need to be to install a solar power system?
- Your energy requirements – The more energy you need, the more you’ll need to produce and the more panels you may need installed.
- Your location – Where your home is located plays a major factor in whether or not your roof is big enough to install a solar power system. Homes in very sunny locations (e.g. Californa) may require fewer panels (and less roof space) than homes in less sunny locations (e.g. New York).
- How your home is positioned – Southern-facing roofs will be more efficient that those that face southwest.
- How much of the roof is actually usable – Features like turrets, dormers, gables, and skylights make a home architecturally interesting, but aren’t ideal for solar panels. If you have one or more of those features on your roof, you’ll need a corresponding amount of roof space on which solar panels can be mounted.
Your personal solar advisor will be able to quickly see if you have enough roof space for solar. Request your risk-free, no obligation consultation for the answers you need, and more!
What impact will solar have on selling my home?
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory states, “We find compelling evidence that solar PV systems have boosted home prices.” The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development recently reported that home values rise an average of $20 for every $1 reduction in electricity costs.
Will I need to adapt my home to run on solar power?
Should I purchase my solar system energy outright, lease it, or sign a Power Purchase Agreement? (PPA)
No matter which option you choose, when you go solar you’re controlling your energy costs and helping the environment in a truly significant way.
How do I know if I’ll save enough money by going solar?
Contact us today to learn how much you can save by switching to solar!